This is the website of the New Plymouth branch of NZSG. It provides information for our members and for anyone researching family in the New Plymouth area.
The branch membership subscription is now due and should be paid using the subscription form. Please use the payment instructions on the form.
If you wish to join our branch, please use this membership form.
Meetings are usually held on the first Tuesday each month, 7:30pm at the branch rooms.
Tuesday, 2 February 2021, 7:00pm: visit to Te Henui cemetery
Sunday, 21 February 2021, 1:30pm: DNA for genealogy
Tuesday, 2 March 2021, 7:30pm: Branch meeting
Sunday, 21 March 2021, 1:30pm: DNA for genealogy
Under COVID-19 alert level 1, the branch rooms will be open on:
- Monday morning: 10 am to 12:30 pm
- Saturday morning: 10 am to 12 noon.
The branch rooms will be closed over the Christmas period:
- last day for 2020: Saturday 19 December
- first day for 2021: Monday 18 January
Other times can be arranged with notice.
Please observe the COVID-19 rules, including:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, running nose, etc)
- Wash your hands, use hand sanitiser at the rooms
- Use the COVID tracing app with the QR code at the rooms
- Wipe down surfaces
- Record your name in the attendance book
The internet connection for our branch rooms is generously sponsored by Primo - Taranaki's internet provider.
The branch library catalogue has been updated. Click here to download as pdf.
We also have a page on Facebook.