This is the website of the New Plymouth branch of NZSG. It provides information for our members and for anyone researching family in the New Plymouth area.
The branch membership subscription is now due and should be paid using the subscription form. Please use the payment instructions on the form.
If you wish to join our branch, please use this membership form.
Meetings are usually held on the first Tuesday each month, 7:30pm at the branch rooms.
Sunday, 25 April 2021, 1:30pm: DNA for genealogy
Tuesday, 4 May 2021, 7:30pm: AGM and the History of Pukekura Park
Sunday, 23 May 2021, 1:30pm: DNA for genealogy
Tuesday, 1 June 2021, 7:30pm: Branch meeting
Under COVID-19 alert level 1, the branch rooms will be open on:
- Monday morning: 10 am to 12:30 pm
- Saturday morning: 10 am to 12 noon.
Please observe the COVID-19 rules, including:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, running nose, loss of smell or taste, etc)
- Wash your hands, use hand sanitiser at the rooms
- Use the COVID tracing app with the QR code at the rooms
- Wipe down surfaces
- Record your name in the attendance book
The internet connection for our branch rooms is generously sponsored by Primo - Taranaki's internet provider.
The branch library catalogue has been updated. Click here to download as pdf.
We also have a page on Facebook.